Comment on page
What is Etherlink?
Etherlink is an EVM-compatible rollup which has a decentralised sequencer, low gas fees, and fair ordering.
- Decentralised Sequencer 🌐: using a state-of-the-art consensus mechanism, Etherlink's decentralised sequencer provides censorship resistance and MEV protection out-of-the-box.
- Very Low Fees 💰 : at a load of 200TPS, expect an ERC-20 transaction to cost $0.001 on Etherlink.
- Fair Ordering ⚖️ : with a distributed sequencer from day 1, MEV protection is built-in with fair transaction ordering for all users.
- Smart Rollup: smart rollups are Tezos’ permissionless L2 scaling solution. They are WASM applications, providing versatility in what language you write them in. They are optimistic and enshrined:
- Optimistic means that when rollup operators publish a claim about the state of the rollup, the claim is trusted automatically. Innocent until proven guilty.
- Enshrined means they are implemented directly at the protocol level within L1 Tezos, as opposed to using a smart contract on L1 like current Ethereum solutions.
- Data Availability on Tezos: smart rollups store data they want available on the Tezos layer 1.
Furthermore, being a smart rollup on Tezos gives Etherlink some unique advantages, for example quick time-to-L1 finality thanks to Tezos’ 2 block finality guarantee.
Last modified 6d ago